Family Time 🥰
We hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful time
of Thanksgiving this past weekend!
Dr. Alex loved having his parents, sister,
and brother-in-law in town for a visit!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
*1 1/4 cup almond flour
*1/4 cup raw cacao powder
*1/4 cup coconut sugar
*1/4 teaspoon baking soda
*1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*1/4 teaspoon sea salt
*1/4 cup pure maple syrup
*1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*2 Tablespoons avocado oil
Maple Powdered Sugar Coating:
*2 Tablespoons powdered maple
*1 1/2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
1. Combine the almond flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder, salt, baking soda,
and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
2. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and oil and stir to form a dough.
Let the dough sit for at least 10 minutes at room temperature.
3. Preheat the oven to 350℉.
4. Prepare the powdered sugar by placing 2 tablespoons of maple sugar into your coffee grinder
and pulsing until all the large granules are gone. You don’t want the sugar to become
too fine or powdery, otherwise it will soak into the cookie. If you’re using your blender
for this step, you may need to add a little more maple sugar into the blender to be able to
turn it into a powder. Just be sure not to over blend.
5. Place the powdered maple sugar into a medium sized bowl along with the
arrowroot powder, and stir until well combined.
6. Using a 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough directly into the powdered sugar bowl.
Shake the bowl around to coat the cookie dough liberally with the powdered sugar mixture.
Avoiding touching the dough (especially the top) as best you can.
7. Remove the dough, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes and let them cool to room temperature on the pan.
9. Store any extra paleo Christmas cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Click here to read the full post for helpful cooking tips!
Remember, the greatest compliment you can give us is to refer a friend or
Call us today 615-869-7277 to schedule your complimentary consultation
for you or your child! Thanks in advance for passing along this email
to anyone you know who is looking for an orthodontist .
Stay warm and safe this Christmas season! ️️
-Dr. Alex and the wonderful Atlas Team!