Andrea Got Married!
Welcome to the Atlas Team…
* I’m from Punxsutawney PA – The town that is famous for Groundhog Day.
* I’m an animal lover. I have a cat named Taco and one day hope to own a horse or two.
* My comfort food would be just about any kind of soup; and my comfort drink would be coffee!
* Nashville is my favorite TV show – I got to be an extra for one of the new episodes!
* Aside from my husband, my Mom and Nana are my everything!
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
One of our favorite breakfast treats… Blueberry Muffins! Cristina uses this recipe from Sally Clarkson’s blog, and has made a few minor adjustments.
Sally’s Blueberry Muffins
1 ½ cups freshly ground whole wheat flour (Or flour of your choice)
½ cup organic coconut palm sugar
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup milk or 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup fresh blueberries (you could also use frozen)
½ cup organic turbinado sugar
1/3 cup flour
¼ cup butter, cubed
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
Mix this with flour mixture and fold in blueberries.
Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
Make Crumb Topping – Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven–or cover batter in pans and pop into the fridge to bake in the morning!
*Double the recipe to make about one dozen muffins.
Thank You for Leaving a Review…